Newborn Reflexes and Behavior
Newborn Reflexes – Topics Covered
These harmless behaviors fall into 11 general groups. If your baby is healthy, skip the "What to Do" section. Go directly to the topic number that relates to your question for advice.
- Normal primitive reflexes from immature nervous system
- Normal jitteriness when crying
- Normal sleep movements
- Normal breathing sounds and noises
- Normal irregular breathing patterns
- Normal GI sounds and noises
- Normal sleep sounds and noises
- Normal feeding reflexes
- Normal protective reflexes
- Flying with newborns, safety of
- Mountain travel with newborns, safety of
Is this your child’s symptom?
- Common questions asked about newborn noises, reflexes and behaviors. These are normal and not signs of illness.
- Flying and mountain travel with newborns is also covered
Denver Data Feed